ITT Corporation Skilled Machinist - 1st or 2nd Shifts Available* in Seneca Falls, New York
Description: Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts. Work to tolerances as specified in blue print, drawing, model or other design specification document or file. Methods to achieve final machined part may specify speed, feed, cuts, tooling, and procedure to follow. Perform similar or incidental work of comparable or lower level as required. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometer or Vernier calipers.
• Machine parts to specifications.
• Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
• Measure, examine, or gauge completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
• Measure dimensions of completed products or work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
• Calculate dimensions of work pieces, products, or equipment.
• Adjust and/or edit programs on CNC equipment.
• May train new employees.
• Follow relevant work instructions and/or SOP.
• May be required to operate industrial trucks (fork trucks, lift trucks, etc.)
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Skilled Machinist - 1st or 2nd Shifts Available*
Skills and Experience:
Training or education including understanding of somewhat complicated drawings,
shop mathematics, use of precision measuring instruments, equivalent to full
high school education or shop training.
In Addition To Training Specified Above- 5+ years varied machine
Moderately heavy work lifting parts fairly frequently but not
Usual shop conditions subject to flying chips, oil and dirt.
COMPLEXITY & JUDGMENT
Work generally routine or semi-routine after making diversified set-up.
Considerable judgment required to perform a wide variety of production machine
and their operation.
Generally follow established methods prescribed. Initiative necessary to
properly perform various set-ups of some complexity without guidance. Refer
unusual problems to supervisor.
Occasional contact with others but of a routine nature.
NY, Seneca Falls