ITT Corporation Quality Engineer in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT Seneca Falls Operations is looking to add a skilled Quality Engineer with a strong foundation in inspection processes and metrology equipment to join our team. This high profile role offers a dynamic work environment based in a strong quality culture and excellent leadership. At ITT Seneca Falls Operations our quality professionals are highly valued members of our team and instrumental in the success of our objectives.
Position: Quality Engineer
Hours: 8:00AM –5:00PM Monday – Friday
Travel: Occasional travel, mostly regional day trips is required
Education: Bachelor Degree or Associates preferred; High School Diploma Required
Previous Experience: 3-5 years relevant quality engineering experience; most have a solid understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements and experience working with machined and assembled components. Strong knowledge of metrology equipment and inspection methods is required.
General Job Summary:
The Quality Engineer will lead and facilitate the implementation of quality initiatives and their continual improvement.Responsible for quality engineering activities, lead, coach, and facilitate problem solving, analysis of data and continual improvement activities.
Ensure the quality of the parts produced meet all expectations; quickly and effectively act when external or internal non-conformance's are found.
• Be the Quality liaison between the customer and site manufacturing process
• Work with customers regarding Quality related issues. Prepare corrective and preventative actions reports (i.e. 8D, 7steps, 5 Why). Good problem solving and root cause analysis skills are essential.
• Work Cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Customer in the development of new products, processes and maintenance of customer’s existing product.
• Advise operations on consistent application of quality techniques
• Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness
• Organize APQP activities of new product from conception to PPAP approval.
• Drives continuous improvement and prevention of future failures by helping facilitate implementation of the Corrective
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma required, 2 year or 4-year degree preferred
-Candidates with a 4-year degree must have 1-3 years’ minimum experience working in a
similar quality role (will count relevant co-op experience towards this
-Candidates with a HSD or 2 year must have 5 years’ minimum experience working in a similar
-Experience in a Quality Engineering role working with similar manufacturing processes (i.e.
Machining, Metal fabrication, stampings, plating, and castings)
-Competent knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 required, APQP Process preferred
-Strong working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and inspection practices
-Strong Statistical Process Control and Statistical Techniques; DOE, GD&T, Gage R&R required
-Strong Excel or Minitab background required
-CMM experience including PC-DMIS is preferred
-Experience working with process flow diagrams and control plans is required
-ASQ Certifications preferred
-DFA or DFM is preferred
NY, Seneca Falls