ITT Corporation Master Planner* in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT Goulds - Master Planner
Do you seek to be a Master Planner with a leading industrial original equipment manufacturer? Join Goulds Pumps as we engineer critical components and customized technology solutions for our global customers.
ITT Goulds Pumps is among the most widely recognized and respected brands in the global pump industry, serving customers in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, chemical, pulp and paper, and general industrial markets. As the only manufacturer to make digital monitoring standard on every process pump, ITT Goulds Pumps continues to lead the industry in both mechanical pump design and the adoption of smart technologies.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage Midrange Load: Capacity planning, level loading, direct procurement / manufacturing activities to ensure schedule attainment.
· Support sales team quotation process by establishing lead-times and premiums for all Midrange products that require less than standard lead time.
· Solely responsible for the initial order review that establishes the high level schedule plan for all Midrange Pump Orders.
· Define pacing items and place order for applicable components.
· Prioritize work to engineering “BOM” completion.
· Establish final project schedules for Contract Managers after configuration is complete. This often will require obtaining special commitments from Global suppliers. It may also involve requests to sales and customers to negotiate longer lead-times or remove portion of the project scope.
· Interface with contract managers, CSR’s, Sales, and Customers as needed to review schedules, delays and recovery plans.
· Manage backlog of components for pump build, with a goal to release to pump start assembly date. Utilize reports as required that will tie pump material status / availability. Proactively involve all suppliers to drive release on time.
· Coordinate requests for schedule improvement including developing price quotes for expedited delivery.
· Expedite and re-prioritize SFFMG and Vendors as required. Initiate machining off sourcing as necessitated by internal capacity.
· Review Change Orders for schedule impacts and coordinate schedule changes
· Review and take appropriate action to all materials reports.
· Create purchase and work orders, modify existing PO’s / WO’s, and expedite deliveries
· Work with buyers to balance capacity and requirements to satisfy OTP and inventory levels.
· Reconcile and improve supplier OTD
· Review, evaluate and make disposition of Excess and Obsolete inventory
· Eliminate early purchase receipts
· Recommend material substitution
· Execute ECN/FOCN materials actions, if applicable
· Manage and reconcile inventory discrepancies and supplier non-conformance issues.
· Assist supply chain with supplier relationship by reviewing on a monthly basis
· Communicate any delays caused by abnormal demand, salvage, scrap or late parts
· Work with suppliers and manufacturing to establish priorities when bottlenecks exist. Requires making decisions on partial shipments, splitting machining lots, subcontract, and other possibilities to maximize customer service.
· Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate price and terms with suppliers and recommend based on cost, quality and delivery.
· Identify product structures and routing issues
· Coordinate as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between manufacturing operations, QA, and suppliers
· Initiate and facilitate problem-solving teams, implement solutions and track results.
· Identify, suggest and implement process improvements
· Maintain Data integrity with specific emphasis on system date accuracy.
Assures on-time delivery of materials through timely processing of purchase orders
· Obtain data, participate and present metrics and countermeasures in daily management process (GEMBA walk)
Other misc. duties as assigned, back – up for other Master Schedulers.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Skills and Experience:
Skills and Experience
· 4-yr. business degree Business Administration/Operations Management or equivalent experience.
· Up to 10 years’ experience in manufacturing operations, purchasing and sourcing.
· Specific areas of interest foundry, machining, fabrication, planning and customer service.
· Strong communication skills to work with both domestic and international project teams.
· Strong product/parts knowledge and understanding of manufacturing, purchasing and planning process
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Decision making abilities
· Technical background/ability to interpret blueprints.
· Ability to interpret customer orders
· Strong AS400 and Work Bench knowledge/skills
· Able to multitask
· Strong Team player
· Strong organizational skills
· Expediting and negotiation skills
· Excellent Follow-up Skills
· Excellent Customer Service Skills
· Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Access and PowerPoint
· Lean inventory management process
· Demonstrated work experience with MRP, Forecasting and Stocking Levels
· Requires initiative, creativity and assertiveness, coupled with strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
NY, Seneca Falls