ITT Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT Goulds Pumps– Manufacturing Engineer
ITT Goulds Pumps seeks a Manufacturing Engineer to support our manufacturing transformation. We are recruiting for experienced manufacturing engineering professionals to join our progressive manufacturing environment and be an active participant defining and setting the path for our future.
ITT Goulds Pumps is among the most widely recognized and respected brands in the global pump industry, serving customers in the oil and gas, mining, power generation, chemical, pulp and paper, and general industrial markets. As the only manufacturer to make digital monitoring standard on every process pump, ITT Goulds Pumps continues to lead the industry in both mechanical pump design and the adoption of smart technologies.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
· The purpose of these positions is to support manufacturing from machining to shipping with minimal interruption to processes.
· Expectations include contributing knowledge and ideas to improve upon current process resulting in reduced cycle times, improved quality, increased cost savings and uptime.
· All efforts will aid in higher operating income, profitability and competitiveness.
· Initial projects will have emphasis on programming and related data communications.
· Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors and soliciting observations from operators.
· Provide Manufacturing support as necessary to other business functions.
· Writes manufacturing instructions, plans machine setups, and writes CNC programs to produce parts on CNC machine tools. Thoroughly documents the manufacturing process.
· Specifies machinery and tooling required to manufacture a wide variety of parts in small to large quantities.
· Ensures new or existing manufacturing processes are operating efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality.
· Recommends process improvements that will improve quality and reduce overall costs.
· Estimates cycle time, material utilization, machine capability and capacity.
· Will work directly with machine operators, quality assurance, purchasing, and suppliers to resolve issues with tooling, materials, and machinery.
· Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
· Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
· Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
· Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Responsible for routing products through manufacturing in the most cost effective method available, insuring timely shipment of the product. Maintains routings for future requirements.
· Works closely with Design Engineering in the interpretation of design drawing in preparing jobs for production. Verifies that manufacturing processes will meet customer requirements.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Skills and Experience:
· none windowtext 0in;padding:0in">Associates degree in related field preferred (i.e., technical, mechanical, electrical)
none windowtext 0in;padding:0in">
border:none windowtext 1.0pt;mso-border-alt:none windowtext 0in;padding:0in">EXPERIENCE:
· color:#333333">5+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering, will consider varying years of experience
· color:#333333">Experience working in a union environment is helpful; factory floor experience helpful;
· color:#333333">Other Skills/Knowledge/Experience:
· color:#333333">Positive Interpersonal Skills
· color:#333333">Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
· color:#333333">Strong Project Management Skills
· color:#333333">ProE – CAD and programming
· color:#333333">Computer Skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access (a plus)
· color:#333333">Analytical Skills
· color:#333333">Familiar with Lean Manufacturing Concepts
· color:#333333">Programming – manual,CNC
NY, Seneca Falls