ITT Corporation IT Asset Management Analyst in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT is looking for an experienced, innovative and strategic IT Asset Management Analyst to work with a dynamic team to implement and execute processes related to the lifecycle management of software and hardware assets within the organization (from Planning through Disposal). This opportunity requires a strong-self-starter who is passionate and demonstrates a personal investment in the success of the team and the Company.
The IT Asset Management Analyst is a key member of the IT team and will support and enable the ITAM program and goals by:
· Providing knowledge of vendor hardware warranty, software maintenance programs, and licensing terms & conditions.
· Responsible for the administration and remediation of software licenses and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
· Performing periodic reporting of key asset management metrics such as software compliance risks, software optimization or cost reduction opportunities, application rationalization opportunities, etc.
(ITAM) is a framework that allows organizations to manage the financial, physical, licensing, and contractual aspects of IT assets through their life cycle. The goal of ITAM is to enable a visible, dependable account of IT asset costs and risks, providing executive support for IT strategy, architecture, funding, and sourcing decisions.
About the Company:
ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2017 revenues of $2.6 billion.
ITT has been named to the Forbes 2018 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a workplace defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT was also awarded the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award which distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers:
Industrial Process designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities;
Motion Technologies designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive and rail markets;
Connect and Control Technologies designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.
Essential functions of the role:
Strategy & Planning
· Participate in evaluation of the asset management tools and processes.
· Monitor, maintain and record all Enterprise Level Agreements
Acquisition & Deployment
· Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, warranty, leasing, and maintenance/support contract information.
· Compare warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts to assist with asset upkeep, upgrades, repair and replacement
· Determine software maintenance renewal requirements, coordinating with software owners on operational requirements
· Develop effective working relationships with vendors, business areas, and IT groups.
· Implement processes for tracking and analyzing technical and financial data of ITT assets from Planning through Disposal
· Obtain and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts
· Ensure software serial numbers and/or other license identifiers are entered into the software asset management database and ensure the information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable
· Support projects to reconcile entitlements and assess license positions
· Coordinate and document true-up and/or periodic internal license reviews for key vendors
· Proactively review ITT’s vendor contracts and identify rules, obligations, and product metrics to ensure compliance with all software license agreements and software usage. Translate technical data elements to capture license compliance
· Manage the scope and quality of software data attributes tracked in the software asset management database. Ensure that software data is updated and licensing rights revised as software assets are purchased, renewed, or discontinued
· Verify software deployment data by combination of discussions with the line business owners and software discovery tools, identifying under-deployments for potential savings and over-deployments, which require the acquisition of additional licenses. Perform periodic internal audits as needed
· Assist IT Asset Manager and business line staff as needed to ensure software contract compliance Work with vendors, business groups, IT and accounting staff to analyze and resolve complex issues associated with software licensing rights
· Gather requirements and develop SAM reports for internal customers
· Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of the Asset repository
· Provide support for projects and audits as needed
· Prepares and submits regular project status reports to customer and management
- When required, assists Team Members in completing project tasks, in an effort to keep projects on schedule
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
IT Asset Management Analyst
Skills and Experience:
· BS in Computer Science, Information Sciences or equivalent work experience
· Considerable skills in customer service, communication, leadership, problem solving, team building, and consensus abilities.
· Any of the following certifications are a plus: CITAM, CSAM, ITILv3
· Preferably 2-4 years of experience in IT Asset Management throughout an asset’s lifecycle (Planning to Disposal) with particular focus on software license management, contract management, and procurement (prefer experience in a global company)
· Demonstrated ability to lead ITAM governance practices including experience in process analysis and design, working across organizational/functional groups, and process creation and flow documentation
· Knowledge of vendor software contracts, licensing terminology, and software licensing rights, especially for major software vendors (Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk required/ IBM, Oracle, SAP preferred). Must be able to interpret, analyze, & summarize contracts, and evaluate pricing & licensing proposals
· Knowledge of the information systems environment, including both hardware and software. Understanding key physical & virtual open systems and mainframe hardware data attributes (processors, cores, LPARS, etc.)
· Ability to analyze software discovery data and configure/create discovery tools/scripts
· Experience in conducting software vendor audits
· Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft System Center, and Active Directory required, as well as Windows operating systems. Knowledge of Linux, HP/UX Operating systems and networking a plus.
- Proficiency in IT asset management and inventory tracking tools: Snow License Manager and ServiceNow, preferred.
Be Accountable by Leading with Character and Driving for Results
Performing with integrity and reliability; takes responsibility and follows through on commitments
Displays sense of urgency; is proactive and persistent in getting things done quickly
Be Innovative by Finding New Ways to Win and Looking for Better Ways to Work
Identifies new ways to collaborate with others and improve internal processes; tests new approaches to find best practices
Sees the opportunity for change and supports it; is ready to adapt to new work situations, processes and technologies
Be Collaborative by Working toward a Shared Purpose and Solving Problems Collectively
Shares information with others to ensure clarity and alignment; identifies opportunities to coordinate own work with other areas or team members
Solicits the input and involvement of others when developing solutions and address conflicts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NY, Seneca Falls