ITT Corporation Industrial Engineer III* in Seneca Falls, New York
Education: BS degree in Industrial Engineering or related Engineering field
Previous Experience: 3+ years related experience in an engineering role preferred with demonstrated experience driving large scale improvement projects
• Refines and enhances processes throughout the company using tools such as Value Stream Maps and Kaizen events to reduce waste and improve flow
• Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials, working closely with operators and operations supervision.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Facilitates visual management in the production environment.
• Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications. Designs and prepares layouts showing locations of new equipment or modifications to existing lines.
• Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
• Assures product and process quality by establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process performance. Determines root cause of failures using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
• Participates in new product development engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products.
• Assists operations leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Industrial Engineer III*
Skills and Experience:
• BS degree in Industrial Engineering, or a related field of engineering.
• 3+ years related experience in an engineering role preferred
• Experience in working with lean improvement teams in an industrial manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated experience driving large scale improvement projects with results showing significant evidence of increased productivity and cost saving
• Experience driving capital improvements related to inventory reduction, waste elimination and cycle times
• Very strong experience in lean to include material flow, time studies for accurate standards, ex. opportunity to attack/reduce set-ups
• Facilities optimization experience using AutoCad
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification
• Office computer tools experience to include Visio for Value Stream Mapping
NY, Seneca Falls