ITT Corporation Foundry Operator -2nd Shift in Seneca Falls, New York
Are you a multitasker, with experience in industrial computerized machine operation, who is good with numbers? ITT Goulds Pumps is growing and we seek professionals to join our Foundry Operations Team.
Position: Foundry Operator 2 nd Shift
Hours: 3:30-12:00pm Monday – Friday
Rate: Competitive hourly rate based on experience + excellent and comprehensive union benefits
Education: HSD/GED Required
Experience: Furnace operation experience preferred however not required. In Lieu of furnace operation candidates should have experience working with computer controlled industrial machinery while multi-tasking. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs consistently and work in temperature extremes
· Operate or tend furnaces to melt and refine metal before casting or to produce specified types of ferrous and nonferrous metals. Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
· All activities associated with charging, melting, and tapping out all metallurgies.
· Must be able to learn the mixture and pouring temperature of each alloy melted.
· After training, should be able to identify different types of alloys, scrap and ignots to obtain proper mixtures.
· Responsible for melting and temperature of metals used in daily production.
· Quality Control Analysis- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
· Problem Sensitivity- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
· Perform other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Foundry Operator -2nd Shift
Skills and Experience:
· Some large induction furnace operating experience preferred. In lieu of furnace operation candidates should have 1-2 years’ experience working with computer controlled industrial equipment
· Prior experience mixing and pouring alloys in a foundry environment preferred however not required
· Must be able to complete math calculations including fraction and decimal conversions
· Must be able to lift up to 50lbs consistently
· Must be able to work in extreme temperatures
· Must be able to be flexible and to adapt to changing needs
· Manual Dexterity- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
· Near Vision- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
· Control Precision- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
· Reaction Time- The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) or to an error, when it appears.
· Ability to perceive and interpret information through the senses of sight, hearing, smell, and touch at a level considered normal for a healthy adult. Must exhibit good balance.
Maximum lifting requirement is 50 lbs.; any material of greater weight must be moved using machinery or team lift.
NY, Seneca Falls