ITT Corporation Director, Operations in Seneca Falls, New York
Position: Director of Manufacturing Operations
Education: BS required technical degree strongly preferred
Manages Others: Yes 4 direct reports, 120 indirect reports
Relocation Package Eligible: Yes
Experience: 10 years minimum experience in an operations management role in a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment with must have a proven track record of leading a manufacturing team while using lean tools to optimize production processes with focus on quality, safety, yields, eliminating bottlenecks, increasing gross margin, and steering toward 100% on time delivery. Strong firsthand experience leading a lean production operation utilizing SQDC is required
The Director of Manufacturing Operations, reporting to the Director/General Manager of Seneca Falls Operations will be directly responsible for assigned areas of manufacturing. This position is ultimately responsible for the output of the manufacturing operations including the machining, fabrication and assembly areas. The Director of Manufacturing Production works cross functionally with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Quality, Materials, Engineering, Human Resources, Sales and Customer Service to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Responsible for multi-shift operation, to meet present and future goals for Safety, Customer Service, Inventory Turns, Shipment dollars, Productivity savings, Union Relations, and Continuous Improvement through the implementation of Lean Processes.
• Use daily management (SQDC) methodology to drive discipline and sustained improvements into the manufacturing operation.
• Manages small number of group leaders as well as production team indirect reports
• Ensures all production activities; organize and develop production schedules, originate or approve measure to improve process efficiency, equipment performance, and quality of final product
• Responsible for communicating KPI’s and driving shop floor metrics to lead improvements in quality, productivity, on-time delivery, and cost reduction
• Communicates annual goals and strategies to the team to motivate and provide direction to align efforts
• Reporting the daily productivity of the assigned area
• Establish clear responsibilities and expectations for each position and ensure that employees are meeting standards. Complete assessments of team members to determine development needs, coordinate training programs as applicable and establish regular feedback frequency with direct reports in order to mentor and develop them
• Responsible for legal, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance for SFO site. Collaborates with Global Operational Excellence team to foster programs to achieve objectives.
• Develops staffing plans, hiring and development plans to drive top performance and internal succession.
• Assists in the resolving of daily production constraints due to technical, maintenance or scheduling problems
• Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives and achievement of production requirements maintain quality and quantity standards
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Skills and Experience:
Education / Experience:
• 10 years minimum experience in a manufacturing management role in a low volume high mix machine shop or assembly environments required with proven ability to lead and motivate all levels of personnel
• Strong lean background is required with firsthand experience using tools such as Daily Management, Pull Systems, Andon, OEE, poke yoke, etc. Black Belt preferred
• Intimate product knowledge, operations, manufacturing, supplier development
• Strong knowledge of machining and assembly practices required
• BS degree required, technical degree is preferred
• Must have a proven track record of leading a manufacturing team while optimizing production process with focus on quality, safety, yields, eliminating bottlenecks, increasing gross margin, and steering toward 100% on time delivery.
• Must have a demonstrated track record of building cohesive and productive teams
• Project management experience required
• Lean manufacturing experience preferred
• Knowledge of pump product line is a plus
• Financial acumen
• Experience in an ISO 9001 environment
• Union experience is preferred
• Strong bias for action
• Delegation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Prioritization and planning
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Passion for continuous improvement
NY, Seneca Falls