ITT Corporation Director, Market Strategy & Analysis in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT is a leading manufacturer of highly engineered, critical components and customized technologies that provide differentiated solutions for our customers across the globe. Our portfolio has strength and durability, balance and diversity, whether it’s by business mix, geography or end market. In addition, our businesses are aligned with global growth drivers – urbanization, a growing middle class and sustainable development – that underpin our modern way of life.
Our work is made possible by the talent and contributions of our 9,500 employees around the world, who are committed every day to reflecting our principles of Impeccable character, Bold thinking and Collective know-how. Together, they are outstanding ambassadors for our long-standing brands – including Goulds Pumps and Bornemann pumps, Cannon connectors, KONI shock absorbers and Enidine energy absorption components, to name a few – that are recognized and trusted globally.
ITT's Industrial Process (IP) value center, headquartered in Seneca Falls, N.Y., has an extensive portfolio of leading edge technology in pumping systems, valves, monitoring & control systems and aftermarket services that serve the oil and gas, mining, chemical, biopharmaceutical and general industries markets. The business is a leader due to its ability to meet customers' most demanding applications and provide superior after-sale service and support.
At IP, our vision is to:
· Become the undisputed leader in the transportation and control of industrial and multiphase fluids across a diverse range of applications.
· Profitably grow revenue to $2B, with more than 50% outside North America
· Drive a digital transformation and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership in partnership with our customers
· Foster a culture of energized and collaborative employees empowered to deliver innovative solutions
That vision is core to who we are and it drives our focus on continually building our foundation and capabilities as a growth-oriented, multi-industrial company.
The Director, Market Strategy & Analysis is a critical member of the IP Strategy and Business Development team and is accountable to support the development of the organization's strategic plans and capital deployment to foster the continued successful growth and profitability of the organization. Primary duties include delivering decision-quality market insight across key end markets and working across business units, functions and geographies to improve IP’s portfolio strategy. This role will be an important contributor to the development of the IP strategic plan and support the identification, assessment and execution of inorganic growth opportunities.
· Synthesize Market Intelligence
o Gather, assess and validate global market intelligence across IP’s three business units: Centrifugal Pump, Engineered Valves and Twin Screw Pumps
o Generate analysis and recommendations related to trends across multiple end markets: Chemical, Oil & Gas, Biopharma, Mining, General Industry, Pulp & Paper, and Food & Beverage and near adjacencies
o Identify expansion opportunities and potential threats
o Anchor market perspective using multiple primary and secondary market tools and resources
· Ground innovation opportunities with market potential in collaboration with Product Management and R&D functions
o Drive business rigor in new product development and technology assessment by grounding organic and inorganic business models in specific market context
o Provide commercial assessment and analysis of new technology
· Monitor Key Competitors and Comparable Firms
o Track relative performance of IP versus key competitors, including share position and results of head to head competition
o Maintain comprehensive understanding of strategies of competitors and comparable firms to inform IP strategic decisions and competitive actions
· Identify opportunities for inorganic growth through acquisition, partnership or technology licensing
Drive key strategic initiatives and support the development of long-term growth plans
Lead cross-functional teams to deliver results
Prepare presentations to report progress, status and updated requirements to senior leadership ·
· Interface with Industry groups to represent IP’s interests effectively and gather information
· Mine internal and third-party data sources for reporting and decision support
· Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to refine repeatable work to enhance accuracy, productivity and results
The successful candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment in driving key growth initiatives in the industrial products space, operating in a global context and working with cross-functional teams to deliver business results.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Director, Market Strategy & Analysis
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, economics or finance
· MBA preferred
· 8-10 years of experience in marketing, business development or strategy with a multinational company or consultancy with a component of international experience
· Advanced capabilities with MS Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Collaboration and Teamwork: Proven track record of teamwork, innovation and results.
· Strategic Business Perspective: Strategic thinking, judgment and sound decision-making are key, with the ability to think and act under pressure.
· Results Orientation: Be able to make complex things simple while supporting decisions with appropriate data
· Execution: Comfort balancing strategic and tactical requirements in lean environment.
· Prioritization and Planning: The ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, working with a cross-section of colleagues and third-party resources.
NY, Seneca Falls