ITT Corporation Director, Corporate Strategy in Seneca Falls, New York
ITT is a leading manufacturer of highly engineered, critical components and customized technologies that provide differentiated solutions for our customers across the globe. Our portfolio has strength and durability, balance and diversity, whether it’s by business mix, geography or end market. In addition, our businesses are aligned with global growth drivers – urbanization, a growing middle class and sustainable development – that underpin our modern way of life.
Our work is made possible by the talent and contributions of our 9,500 employees around the world, who are committed every day to reflecting our principles of Impeccable character, Bold thinking and Collective know-how. Together, they are outstanding ambassadors for our long-standing brands – including Goulds Pumps and Bornemann pumps, Cannon connectors, KONI shock absorbers and Enidine energy absorption components, to name a few – that are recognized and trusted globally.
ITT's Industrial Process (IP) value center, headquartered in Seneca Falls, N.Y., has an extensive portfolio of leading edge technology in pumping systems, valves, monitoring & control systems and aftermarket services that serve the oil and gas, mining, chemical, biopharmaceutical and general industries markets. The business is a leader due to its ability to meet customers' most demanding applications and provide superior after-sale service and support.
At IP, our vision is to:
· Become the undisputed leader in the transportation and control of industrial and multiphase fluids across a diverse range of applications.
· Profitably grow revenue to $2B, with more than 50% outside North America
· Drive a digital transformation and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership in partnership with our customers
· Foster a culture of energized and collaborative employees empowered to deliver innovative solutions
That vision is core to who we are and it drives our focus on continually building our foundation and capabilities as a growth-oriented, multi-industrial company.
The Director, Corporate strategy is a critical member of the IP Strategy and Business Development team and reports directly to the VP, Strategy and Business Development. The team’s mission is to optimize internal resources, methodologies, and analyses to enable the IP leadership team to make well-informed strategic business decisions. This role is accountable to drive IP’s strategic planning and capital deployment processes to foster continued growth and profitability. Primary duties are listed below and include driving IP strategic planning cadence, detailed strategic assessment of new markets & geographies, as well as supporting IP’s inorganic growth activities, including acquisition, partnership and licensing transactions.
· Strategic Planning Process
Work with IP senior leadership and cross functional teams to develop, prioritize and ground strategic initiatives
Analyze strategic drivers to frame key decisions including investment cases and tradeoffs
Drive market segmentation
Lead business case development leveraging frameworks to analyze alternate scenarios
Map strategic position of our business and product lines versus competition
Communicate progress and status of strategy to senior leadership
· Inorganic Growth
Identify, investigate, and evaluate acquisition, licensing and strategic alliance opportunities
Conduct financial analyses of prospective business ventures or combinations
Prepare proposals and negotiate agreement terms
Lead due diligence efforts
Synthesize key themes, strategies, and actions into executive-level communications, including development of Board of Directors materials
Analyze and make recommendations related to:
emerging industry trends
viability of outside business partners
internal business performance process improvement
Engage Commercial teams to reinforce sales plans with strategic perspective and/or strategic initiatives
Work with R&D to assess technology future trends that might influence our business and/or profitability
Identify manufacturing trends that can change and/or influence our business success
Lead cross-functional teams to drive key strategic initiatives to support long-term growth
Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to refine repeatable work to enhance accuracy, productivity and results
The successful candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment in driving key growth initiatives in the industrial products space, operating in a global context and working with cross-functional teams to deliver business results.
ITT Goulds Pumps
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Director, Corporate Strategy
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, economics or engineering,
· MBA preferred
· 8-10 years of experience in marketing, business development or strategy with a multinational company or consultancy with a component of international experience
· Advanced capabilities with MS Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Collaboration and Teamwork: Proven track record of teamwork, innovation and results.
· Strategic Business Perspective: Strategic thinking, judgment and sound decision-making are key, with the ability to think and act under pressure.
· Results Orientation: Be able to make complex things simple while supporting decisions with appropriate data
· Execution: Comfort balancing strategic and tactical requirements in lean environment.
· Prioritization and Planning: The ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, working with a cross-section of colleagues and third-party resources.
NY, Seneca Falls