ITT Corporation Machinist I in Santa Rosa, California
Under supervision, the Machinist I (Apprentice) operates a variety of machine shop equipment for the production of parts used in the manufacturing of electrical connectors.
· Under supervision, operates machine tools and equipment; such as manual lathes, mills, drill presses, cut off saws and CNC turning and milling equipment. May perform simple set-ups as instructed by trainer.
· Produces a variety of production parts and inspects all work using precision measuring tools to ensure all parts meet drawing specifications.
· Enters accurate daily labor information into data collection system.
· Makes adjustments and offsets to equipment under trainer supervision.
· Is quality conscientious and responsible for all aspects of quality related to work produced.
· Possesses knowledge and general understanding of ISO 9001 quality policies.
· Adheres to all safety directives/requirements within the area and facility (i.e. Personal Protective Equipment) and fully participate in all 6S activities and daily clean-up.
· Performs other duties as directed by supervisor, Trainer or Lead.
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Skills and Experience:
· Must be enrolled in Machine Tool Technology at SRJC or other accredited Machine Tool Technology Trade school
· Knowledge of shop math
· Ability to read blueprints and schematics
· Quality conscientious
· Mechanical aptitude
· Ability to multi-task and follow detailed instructions
· Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. throughout the day
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· 1 year Machine Shop experience preferred
CA, Santa Rosa