ITT Corporation Machine Shop Material Handler II in Santa Rosa, California
Under general supervision, manages the cutting and inventory of all raw goods and finished goods relating to the Machine Shop.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Stamp and move raw material that comes into the storage area, keeping lot numbers accurate and visible.
· Maintain cutting and raw material area by following 6S Standards and keeping inventory of saws and blades.
· Maintain passivation room by checking tanks daily and following 6S standards.
· Pull outgoing raw materials and assist with packaging and marking as required
· Cut gundrilling material and prepare for warehouse to ship to outside vendor
· Stamp parts from machine shop and outside vendors
· Passivate and clean parts from machine shop and outside vendors
· Cut raw material for CNC machines
· Heat treat and anneal parts using oven and torch
· Assist in recycling of materials
· Perform material transactions: issue to work orders, move parts out of the shop, complete work orders.
· Maintain cycle count program of raw materials
· Work with Planning to ensure materials and work orders for the week are available according to the schedule.
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Machine Shop Material Handler II
Skills and Experience:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· High school education or greater
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
· Basic math functions (decimals and fractions)
· Weight measurements (both standard and metric)
· Various measuring devices, such as ruler, tape measure, micrometers and other machine shop measuring devices
· MRP and ERP systems, SAP experience preferred
· PC operations and intermediate level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Production Activity Control (PAC) knowledge a plus
ABILITY TO :
· Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
· Demonstrate strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Manage multiple tasks and prioritize
· Demonstrate adherence to 6S, Six Sigma and Lean Initiatives
· Data Entry, ten key a plus
· Lift up to 75 lbs.
· Grasp and grip instruments as required
· Stand and/or walk for up to 6 hours per day; includes bending, lifting, reaching and squatting
CA, Santa Rosa