ITT Corporation Production Supervisor & Lean Process Improvement Leader in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
ITT Engineered Valves – Production Supervisor
Are you an experienced Production Supervisor and want to work for a leading industrial original equipment manufacturer? Join ITT Engineered Valves as we engineer critical components and customized technology solutions for our global customers.
ITT Engineered Valves are essential equipment in industries ranging from mining to biopharmaceuticals, from nuclear operations to oil sands. With more than 75 years of experience in valve development, design, manufacturing, installation and automation, product offerings include market-leading industrial knife-gate and hygienic diaphragm valves.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
· Directs, coordinates work groups and improves processes in a team environment within the production/manufacturing area of the value stream.
· Coordinates production activities with all supervisors.
· Independently and under the direction of the Site Manager champions Lean activities and projects in the production environment.
· Analyzes and improves processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plans production operations and schedules establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products to insure customer on time delivery and quality product.
· Analyzes leads, facilitates and sustains the continuous improvement activities such as: 6S, Flow, Standard Work, Pull Systems, Visual Factory, Production Meters, Lean meetings, Corrective Actions, Sustaining Processes, and Implementation of Associated Processes.
· Work with quality department to build quality into each process through the development and the implementation of measurable improvement plans.
· Work with ESH to insure a safe working environment and Zero accidents.
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevents operational delays.
· Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
· Lead cultural changes at the site and support continued deployment of Lean Enterprise within ITT Lancaster
· Develop hourly personnel to lead continuous improvement projects within facility.
· Lead initiatives in the following areas: Standardization of Processes, Operational Systems, Lean Enterprise elements (Six Sigma, VST, 5S, A3, TPM, etc.), Professional Development and Training
· Evaluate, where necessary, key manufacturing processes (benchmarks/industry leaders/best practices) and develop plans to identify opportunities for improvement
· Prepares and tracks Lean production metrics at the direction of plant management and works closely with the management for continuous improvement.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Leads hourly employees in a team/continuous improvement environment.
· Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ITT Engineered Valves
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Production Supervisor & Lean Process Improvement Leader
Skills and Experience:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Symbol">· Bachelor’s degree specializing in engineering or machine technology from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
Symbol">· Four to six years machine shop experience or equivalent education.
Symbol">· Two years supervisory experience.
Symbol">· Extensive knowledge of functional operations of machine tools, CNC programming, tooling and fixturing, problem solving and shop operation are required.
Symbol">· Must be well organized and able to multi-task and have excellent communication skills.
Symbol">· Ability to champion change and lead Lean projects.
Symbol">· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Symbol">· Knowledge of personal computer and use of office equipment is essential.