ITT Corporation Product Design Engineer II in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
ITT Engineered Valves – Product Design Engineer
Do you seek to be a Product Design Engineer with a leading industrial original equipment manufacturer? Join ITT Engineered Valves as we engineer critical components and customized technology solutions for our global customers. (Location: Lancaster, PA)
ITT Engineered Valves are essential equipment in industries ranging from mining to biopharmaceuticals, from nuclear operations to oil sands. With more than 75 years of experience in valve development, design, manufacturing, installation and automation, product offerings include market-leading industrial knife-gate and hygienic diaphragm valves.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Develops or modifies designs for pharmaceutical product lines and provides product support by performing the following duties.
· Analyzes research data or customer specifications or proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
· Develops work plans and schedules
· Confers with research, customer service, sales personnel or customers to clarify or resolve problems and develop design.
· Confers with customer service, sales, customers and other engineering personnel to fully assess impact of proposed design modifications.
· Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics including establishment of new part numbers and bills of material or configuration rules.
· Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
· Plans and develops experimental test programs and/or performs calculations to verify design adequacy.
· Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
· Prepares reports for newly performed tests or analysis.
· Prepares or directs preparation and scheduling of customer sales master and submittal drawings.
· Checks work performed by designers and senior designers for accuracy and completeness.
· Performs tolerance studies.
· Gathers and/or presents technical information in response to questions from engineering, sales and manufacturing personnel and customers.
· Resolves production problems either in house or at suppliers' facilities.
· Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks, including production drawings and FEA analysis
· Other duties may be assigned.
ITT Engineered Valves
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Product Design Engineer II
Skills and Experience:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering or technical equivalent from four-year College or University.
· 1-2 years of applicable work experience is desirable.
· 1-2 years product design experience required
· 2D Machine Drawings
· 3D CAD Modeling (Pro/E or Creo)
· On-site Field Data Acquisition
· SAP Experience preferred
· Product Design and Development (Assistant)
· 3D CAD Modeling (Pro/E or Creo) 2D CAD Drawing