ITT Corporation Supllier Development Engineer in Czech Republic, Czech Republic
The principal purpose for this position is to:
Develop standard practices and processes, goals, and measures for ITT/IP Suppliers in support of coordinated Global Supply Chain strategies.
Establish effective process control tools and measures at Supplier facilities to ensure quality, on-time delivery, and cost requirements are achieved.
Drive Component Development using APQP process.
Coordinate with Supplier and IP Engineering disciplines to seek and implement cost reduction and design enhancement opportunities as appropriate.
The Supplier Development Engineer position will:
Learn ITT/IP requirements and develop the supplier to meet these requirements.
Reduce waste through lean practices with supplier to reduce scrap and process cycle times
Ensure process development to improve supplier quality and on time delivery.
ITT Goulds Pumps
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
up to 50%
Supllier Development Engineer
Skills and Experience:
BE Mechanical/Industrial/chemical/metallurgical or equivalent Engineering Degree. with 7-8 years of relevant Experience
Diploma in Mechanical/Industrial/chemical/metallurgical or equivalent Engineering. With 8-10yrs of relevant experience.
Minimum of 7-8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably experienced in machining and/or fabrication.
Travel - Domestic travel to Suppliers is required – up to 50%
Other Skills/Knowledge/Experience :
· Capable of performing supplier quality, technical assessments, capacity studies, and capability audits.
· Well conversant with quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001:2008
· Familiar with ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 requirements
· Good Knowledge to understand the Standard of ASTM, DIN & ASME and WPS/PQR/WPQ requirement.
· Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and diagrams, and possess considerable mechanical ability.
· Good understanding of GD&T concepts
· Experienced and knowledge of foundry, machining or fabrication operations
· Experienced and Knowledge of Fixture/ Gauge Design concepts.
· Technical knowledge in materials, Heat treatment, coating / painting
· Knowledge of Various NDT Processes like LPT, MPT, UT & RT (preferable to be certified for several NDT processes)
· Demonstrated ability to use hand precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, and other precision instruments.
· Hands on Experience in carrying out Visual Inspection.
· Capable of performing manufacturing process control assessments using structured review methodology.
· Supplier quality experience in mechanical industries that have similar manufacturing technologies used in the Pump and Controls industries
· Experience in Project Management & Supplier Management
· Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Package(Excel, Word, Powerpoint) ERP system
· Ability to communicate in verbal/written English
· Independent and self-starter; ability to take ownership with minimal direction
· Strong analytical skills and ability to map out processes and analyze data, & information for improvement
· Attention to detail and follow through and drive improvements
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills