ITT Corporation Human Resource Generalist - Manufacturing Facility in Blacksburg, Virginia
Wolverine Advanced Materials, an entity of ITT Corporation’s Motion Technologies Division, is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance materials. Our core competency is in performance-critical, specialty elastomer–coated metals that offer damping and seal-ability solutions in the automotive and gasket industries. For more information, visit www.wamglobal.com.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Building on its heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. Founded in 1920, ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2017 revenues of $2.6 billion. For more information, visit www.itt.com .
Motion Technologies is one of four ITT Value Centers focused on the Transportation industry. The Motion Technologies Value Center generates over $862M in revenues and is made up of three businesses.
Wolverine’s Global Footprint:
We employ approximately 600 people worldwide, with global headquarters in Dearborn, MI. Sales and Technical Offices are located in Dearborn, Michigan, Chennai, India, Ohringen, Germany, Shanghai, China, Tokyo, Japan and Sao Paulo, Brazil (JV). Manufacturing Operations are located in Blacksburg, Virginia, Changshu, China, Leesburg, Florida, Ohringen, Germany and Sao Paulo, Brazil (JV).
Strategic local team role responsible for building and maintaining relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Support local Human Resources (HR) needs within a union environment in our Blacksburg, VA plant.
ITT Motion Technologies
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Less than 25%
Human Resource Generalist - Manufacturing Facility
Skills and Experience:
· Responsible for multi – facet HR functions including, but not limited to benefits processing, employee/labor relations, grievances, recruitment, policy distribution and adherence, performance evaluations and training, and compliance and regulatory concerns and reporting.
Maintains excellent relationships with both direct business partners and peripheral departments that interact with direct support groups (i.e. closely related departments, payroll, corporate HR, accounting, etc.).
Works independently on objectives.
Manages the grievance process.
· Maintains and communicates out on key HR metrics and reports.
· Manages employee engagement initiatives including HR events, team lunches, Town Hall Meetings, other Plant meetings, individual or team recognition events.
· Maintain employee data in HRIS System.
· Recommends, coordinates, and tracks applicable training to ensure compliance with ISO-9000-2001 and TS-16949 standards, as well as added value technical or soft skills.
· Manages performance functions including annual performance review process.
· Manages local recruitment cycle from sourcing to on-boarding for both staff and production level positions.
· Initiates and conducts employee investigations to address employee concerns.
· Represents the organization at personnel-related hearing and investigations.
- Proactively makes recommendations to improve HR operations and value added to business operations.
· Additional responsibilities and assignment to be assigned as needed by management.
5 - 7 years’ experience working in HR Generalist or similar HR role required. Increasing roles and responsibilities preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
PHR / SPHR or SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP Certification preferred.
Experience supporting HR operations in a Manufacturing environment required.
Experience supporting HR operations in a Union environment preferred.
Exceptional employee relation skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills required.
Excellent organizational skills, time management and project prioritization skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a manufacturing facility. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires visibility to controlled documents.